Monday, July 12, 2010

Slightly Better

Yesterday and today I just jog/walked the neighborhood. I did about 1.5 miles each day so that's ok. I just needed to get out and do something, even if I'm currently unable to jog a mile consistently right now.
I did some hills too. I like jogging up the hills but even walking down a slight grade just jars my knees and makes them feel like they lock up. I want to train myself to slowly jog the gentle declines by October but we will see. If I have to walk down the hills and slopes I'll do it to save my knees.
I like my knees.
So far I've been using my ijog app in the neighborhood and I really like it. It seems pretty spot on in regards to distance. I compared yesterday's jog with an online map and it was the same so I'm going with spot on. I'm hoping the "calories burned" is good for my body too. I like burning almost 200 calories in one 30 minute jog/walk.
Tuesday's are off and Wednedsay is my last jog before I start stage managing. I'm hoping to fit in some quick jogs but stage managing is a giant time suck...sure it is a fun one but it is a time suck nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment